Geostatistics course Outline
Students are required to undertake a major project and submit a dissertation/thesis describing their work. The project is based on a realistic, industrial data set and must involve: a rigorous statistical and geostatistical analysis of the data yielding variograms and, where appropriate, cross-variograms; fitting acceptable models to variograms and cross-variograms and making credible interpretations of the models, an innovative application of at least one advanced geostatistical technique, selected from those covered in the taught programme, to solve a clearly defined problem based on the data set, and an analytical description of the work presented as a thesis/dissertation
||Geostatistics-Project and Thesis
||School of Civil, Environmental & Mining Eng
||North Terrace Campus
||Completion of all taught M Geostatistics courses
||Students are required to undertake a major project and submit a dissertation/thesis describing their work. The project is based on a realistic, industrial data set and must involve: a rigorous statistical and geostatistical analysis of the data yielding variograms and, where appropriate, cross-variograms; fitting acceptable models to variograms and cross-variograms and making credible interpretations of the models, an innovative application of at least one advanced geostatistical technique, selected from those covered in the taught programme, to solve a clearly defined problem based on the data set, and an analytical description of the work presented as a thesis/dissertation
No information currently available.
Course Learning Outcomes
University Graduate Attributes
Learning & Teaching Modes
Learning Activities Summary
- Assessment must encourage and reinforce learning.
- Assessment must measure achievement of the stated learning objectives.
- Assessment must enable robust and fair judgements about student performance.
- Assessment practices must be fair and equitable to students and give them the opportunity to demonstrate what they have learned.
- Assessment must maintain academic standards.
Grades for your performance in this course will be awarded in accordance with the following scheme:
M10 (Coursework Mark Scheme)
||Fail No Submission
||No Formal Examination
- The University places a high priority on approaches to learning and teaching that enhance the student experience. Feedback is sought from students in a variety of ways including on-going engagement with staff, the use of online discussion boards and the use of Student Experience of Learning and Teaching (SELT) surveys as well as CEQ surveys and Program reviews.
SELTs are an important source of information to inform individual teaching practice, decisions about teaching duties, and course and program curriculum design. They enable the University to assess how effectively its learning environments and teaching practices facilitate student engagement and learning outcomes. Under the current SELT Policy ( course SELTs are mandated and must be conducted at least once every 2 years. Feedback on issues raised through course SELT surveys is made available to enrolled students through various resources (e.g. MyUni). In addition aggregated course SELT data is available.
- Students are reminded that in order to maintain the academic integrity of all programs and courses, the university has a zero-tolerance approach to students offering money or significant value goods or services to any staff member who is involved in their teaching or assessment. Students offering lecturers or tutors or professional staff anything more than a small token of appreciation is totally unacceptable, in any circumstances. Staff members are obliged to report all such incidents to their supervisor/manager, who will refer them for action under the university's student’s disciplinary procedures.
Anything new about stirling engines in Cal?
Looking for an update. Everything I find from google news is almost a year old. This is from the stirling engine deal with Southern Edison to build a 500MW plant outside of LA.
What geographical areas are best suited for a solar dish farm?
The southwest region of the United States is ideally suited for this. In fact, a solar farm 100 miles by 100 miles could satisfy 100% of the Americaâs annual electrical needs. Solar technology primarily addresses the peak power demands facing utility companies in the Southwest U.S. and other solar-rich areas.
The cost of living and job markets are better than the national average, but the best job strategy is not to go for averages, but look at your specific skills and experiences, figure out which careers that relates to, and then go to that geographical area:
technology - Silicon Valley
finance - New York
There are other factors to consider. How important are mountains? the ocean? good weather? I have met many midwesterners in Acapulco during the winter, and none ever told me
"I got to get back to Omaha. I just miss those snow covered plains."
4,000 Year Old Greenlander
WASHINGTON (Reuters) â Scientists have sequenced the DNA from four frozen hairs of a Greenlander who died 4,000 years ago in a study they say takes genetic technology into several new realms.
Surprisingly, the long-dead man appears to have originated in Siberia and is unrelated to modern Greenlanders, Morten Rasmussen of the University of Copenhagen and colleagues found.
"This provides evidence for a migration from Siberia into the New World some 5,500 years ago, independent of that giving rise to the modern Native Americans and Inuit," the researchers wrote in Thursday's issue of the journal Nature
Geostatistics Banff 2004 (Quantitative Geology and Geostatistics)
Solar study: U of M students seek state's sunniest places — Rick Kupchella's BringMeTheNews
The students are using geographic information systems technology and Lidar data, which is 3D aerial imaging of the Earth's surface, gathered by aircraft with laser-based technology, the students note in a 10-minute video that explains the project (below).
What is Health Team Relations, and what is the best description and course outline of this class?
Which school?Health Team Rel is designed to assist potential health care workers in their role and function as health team members
Course outline is to show students of a course exactly what topics they will be covering in a study course. The outline should show how long the course runs for and the order in which the topics will be studies.