Geographic Information Systems utilities
Map-related information for the water and sewer systems operated by the City of San Diego is available through the Asset Management Program, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Section of the Public Utilities Department.
Services provided to the public include:
- Publicly-available GIS data - Maps and data are available for viewing and download through the San Diego Geographic Information Source (SANGIS) web site.
- Water service connection locations - Identification of the location of the water service location at your property. However, we do not have information regarding where private water lines are located within your private property. For that information, you may want to contact a licensed plumber. See the Your Water Plumbing System web page for more details.
- Sewer lateral locations - Identification of the location of the sewer lateral to your property. Please note that it is the property owner's responsibility to maintain their private sewer lateral, all the way to the connection with the City's sewer main. See the Your Sewer Plumbing System web page for details.
- Water pressure calculation - Public Utilities can provide you with a calculated estimate of the water pressure range for your property. See the Water Pressure web page for more information.
- The GIS Section does not provide plans to the public . For copies of City of San Diego as-built construction plans, please call the Development Services Department- Records Section at 619-446-5200
- Phone: 619-527-7482 (For emergencies, please call 619-515-3525)
- Walk-in Customer Support: The GIS Section Office is located at 2797 Caminito Chollas in San Diego. Service hours are Monday through Thursday, from 1 to 4 p.m., and Friday, from 1 to 3:30 p.m.; closed on City holidays.
You might also like
Tserng Wangyal Shawa: Geographic Information Systems ...
UW Certificate in Geographic Information Systems
Geographical Information System
Danny Weston (SM)
Politics, International relations, University of Sheffield, UK
Aaron Williams (SM)
Philosophy, Texas A & M
Jonathan Wilson (SM)
Criminology, University of Winnipeg
Trevor Ycas (SM)
Natural resources, Geographic information systems, Front Range Community College
Michael Zebuhr (SM)
Bioengineering, Clemson University
Scholars seem to disagree
Two scholars say in a new research paper that despite earlier denials, the Census Bureau was deeply involved in the roundup and internment of Japanese Americans at the onset of U.S. entry into World War II.
The academics say the Census Bureau's involvement included identifying concentrations of people of Japanese ancestry in geographic units as small as city blocks, lending a senior Census Bureau official to work with the War Department on the relocation program and a willingness to disclose names and address of Japanese Americans.
While it is common today for the Census Bureau to publish reports that detail the number of people of a given race living in an area as small as a city block, such information was generally not available in the 1940s
GIS for Enhanced Electric Utility Performance (Artech House Power Engineering)
Book (Artech House Publishers)
- Used Book in Good Condition
Ligonier Borough complies with directional sign mandate — Tribune-Review
Although Geographic Information Systems mapping of the borough pinpoints all directional signs, it does not include all data needed to comply with the program. “They want to see off-sets, heights, directions, locations, all kinds of stuff,” Faas said.
Modeling Electric Distribution with GIS
Book (Esri Press)
- Used Book in Good Condition
Trimble Geo XH 2008 Series Geo Explorer Geographic Information Data Collector
GPS or Navigation System (Trimble)
- Real-time H-Star technology for decimeter to subfoot accuracy in the field
- High-resolution VGA display for crisp and clear map viewing
- Bluetooth and wireless LAN connectivity options
- 1 GB on board storage plus SD slot for removable cards
- Rugged handheld with all-day battery
The utility of geographic information systems (GIS) in rapid epidemiological assessments following weather-related disasters: Methodological issues ... Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health]
GIS touted as world class.(Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre's geographic information system): An article from: Northern Ontario Business
Book (Laurentian Business Publishing, Inc.)